Together with the friendly assistance of the AUTOSTADT GmbH Wolfsburg and the Grundmann collection, Automuseum PROTOTYP presented this unique special exhibition about the beginnings of the Volkswagen Beetle.
After World War II, the VW Beetle became the most-sold car of the world. Till 2002, more than 21.5 million VW Beetles were built. The first Volkswagen cars were prototypes, test cars and special designs created by Ferdinand Porsche and his design office.
60 YEARS OF FORMULA 1.
The special exhibition about the history of Formula 1.
The cars on display
- 1934 NSU Type 32 – the oldest still existing precursor
- 1936/37 W30 Volkswagen test car – a faithful reproduction
- 1938 VW38 pre-series Volkswagen – rediscovered in Lithuania
- 1939 VW Type 60 K 10 “Berlin-Rom-Wagen” / Porsche Type 64
- 1940 VW Type 82 – an early “Kübelwagen” military vehicle
- 1942 VW Type 166 – an early “Schwimmwagen” military amphibious vehicle
The VW38 and the Berlin-Rom-Wagen were presented for the first time after their restoration.